Our love for a good mask runs deep. And more than just the benefits to our skin, it’s the entire ritual of masking that lights us up. Making a commitment to mask forces us to be still. To connect. And to dive deep into the wellness rituals that make us shine bright.
Warm summer weather makes this ritual especially important – as sweat, sunscreen and makeup act together to clog pores and congest an otherwise clear complexion. But don’t worry – we’ve got you. Just set a side 10 minutes tonight to chill out with our Rejuvenating Green Tea Clay Mask and look forward to clear, glowing skin lit from within, all thanks to the potent effects of all-natural botanical ingredients.
An effective combination of antioxidant rich seaweed powder, purifying BC colloidal clay, and healing green tea, this mask helps decongest, protect against UV damage and brighten for glowing summer skin, no matter the season.
Green tea comes from a tea plant native to Asia called Camellia sinensis and is rich in a powerful antioxidant known as Epigallocatechin Gallate, or EGCG. The polyphenols found in green tea target free radical damage, particularly those caused by sun exposure and a handful of other environmental stressors, to help reduce inflammation and pigmentation.
We recommend using our mask according to your own skintype – and today we’re sharing a few of our favourite ideas to get you started!
- Raw honey: a nutrient rich option that gently exfoliates to reveal soft, smooth skin. Raw honey is antibacterial and antimicrobial making it an excellent option for acne prone skin. It’s also what’s known as a humectant, meaning it bonds with water molecules to increase water content in the skin - perfect for dry or sensitive complexions.
- Full fat yogurt: with yogurt (dairy or not, your choice!) you get all the moisture boosting benefits of honey with the added probiotic support this cultured treat is known for, which can help balance skin’s sensitive flora. Yogurt also contains lactic acid which assists in gentle exfoliation to remove dead skin cells, revealing radiant skin.
- Plant hydrosols: mix with your favourite hydrosol for even more plant based goodness. We love reaching for cucumber hydrosol in warm summer weather to soothe and cool inflamed skin, but rose water is always a go-to for its ability to reduce redness and inflammation.
- Steeped green tea: not just a delicious beverage to sip on, reap even more antioxidant benefits by mixing your mask with freshly steeped and chilled green tea! Studies have shown topical application of green tea may help prevent UV damage, resulting in reduced occurrence of sun spots and pigmentation.
- Filtered water: your go-to choice for this mask to craft an easy, purifying solution for troubled skin. Mix our mask with filtered water and apply all over, or use as a spot treatment as necessary.
Select your liquid based on skintype and the current needs of your complexion, mix with our mask, apply a thin layer and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until mask begins to dry. Remove with lukewarm water and a clean muslin cloth in circular motions for extra exfoliation. Follow with our Nourishing Facial Toner and Oil and take on the day with radiance.