One of our all time favourite ingredients for the skin, rose contains potent anti-inflammatory properties that help to calm and cool inflamed complexions, while encouraging skin cell renewal and moisture.
We always have our Nourishing Facial Toner on hand this time of year to tone, tighten and hydrate. When used topically, rose water helps to balance the pH levels of skin, resulting in a hydrated, dewy complexion - just in time for summer!
Now, we're taking this theme to the table! With summer right around the corner, this year we're planning to beat the heat with a scoop or two of our favourite (vegan!) rose + pistachio ice cream.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/4-1/2 cup plant milk of choice (we went with coconut!)
- 9 oz unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp rose water
- 1/4 tsp (or more, your choice) beetroot powder for food colouring
- Optional: maple syrup to sweeten as necessary
- Soak pistachios in water for at least four hours, then drain the soak water. Blend the pistachios with 3 ounces of coconut milk in a high-speed blender until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Add all other ingredients to your mixture and blend until smooth!
image courtesy of Salt & Lavender