Transitioning into Fall Skincare
Skin can be finicky. Its delicate balance is affected by so many things: stress, diet, product sensitivities, and even seasonal changes can create imbalances that leave your skin looking dull, dry and irritated. Luckily, as we move into fall, there are a few easy steps you can take to ensure you don’t lose that beautiful summer glow.
Switch it up
Excess water (especially hot water) can strip the skin of the natural oils that protect and nourish it in the drier seasons. Your best bet? Put down your gel cleanser and try a milky one to balance your skin’s natural oil production–without leaving you high and dry.
Clear away dead skin cells with weekly exfoliation to ensure your serums, oils, and moisturizers are performing at their best. Look for natural exfoliants like wild rosehip seed powder, lotus seed powder, and rhassoul clay that gently exfoliate without irritating sensitive skin.
Have you tuned into the facial oil craze yet? Even though this tip seems trendy, it’s for good reason. Plant oils high in essential fatty acids will deeply nourish the skin, and support the structure of skin cells, leaving you with naturally plump and hydrated skin. Try jojoba oil—its a liquid wax that mimics the skin's natural oil production.
Treat it right
Weekly masks are a chance to not only treat your skin to potent, radiance boosting ingredients—but to kindness. Because taking time out for self-care will help you feel great from the inside out.
Skin Superfoods: DIY Facial Masks for Your Skintype
If you're looking for a face mask to help soothe and nourish your skin as the seasons change, look no further than your fridge:
Add Radiance with a DIY Lucuma Face Mask
Lucuma is a subtropical fruit native to Andean Valleys of Chile, Ecuador, and Peru. that is high in beta-carotene and zinc. Combine the lucuma with probiotic rich coconut yogurt, radiance boosting rosehip, and enzyme rich strawberries to create an easy DIY face mask that will balance and nourish your skin.
- 5 strawberries
- 1 tsp lucuma
- 1 tsp rosehip oil
- 1 tsp coconut yogurt
- In a small bowl mash strawberries
- Add lucuma, rosehip, and rosehip to strawberry mixture
- Apply to clean, freshly exfoliated skin - leave on for about 10 minutes before cleansing off and following up with your favourite moisturizer
Firm & Purify with Greens: DIY Blue-Green Algae Mask
Mineral rich blue-green algae chlorella, and its cousin spirulina, make a silky, nourishing treat for the skin. Add them to purifying kaolin clay and antibacterial palmarosa to cleanse and gently exfoliate your skin.
- 1/2 tsp chlorella
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- 1/2 tsp kaolin
- 2 tsp comfrey macerated oil
- 3 drops palmarosa essential oil
- Add 1/2 tsp chlorella, 1/2 tsp spirulina and 1/2 tsp kaolin powder together
- Add 2 tsp comfrey macerated oil and 3 drop of palmarosa essential oil to the mixture above and mix well
- Apply with a clean foundation brush to freshly exfoliated skin, leave on for about 10 minutes (or until dry) before cleansing off and following up with your favourite moisturizer.
Enjoy these recipes, your skin will thank you! :)
Leave a comment