The holidays generally mean more stress, less sleep and mindLESS indulgences that we would ordinarily skip. Unfortunately, all of this (and more) can contribute to issues like unwanted weight gain, low energy levels, mood swings and an angry, inflamed complexion!
Luckily, with just a few minor adjustments, this holiday season might end up being your most mindFULL one yet!
When I choose to indulge, I often reach for these easy nutrient-dense, homemade fudge truffles. Although still technically a dessert, they’re low in sugar and absolutely packed with some of my favourite skin-saving nutrients like calcium, magnesium and potassium to keep me looking and feeling my best this season!
Makes approximately 20 truffles
1/2 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup organic crunchy peanut butter
4 tbsp cacao powder
4 tbsp dark maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
2-4 drops food grade rose essential oil (depending on taste preference)
1. Add all ingredients to your blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
2. Pour into a freezer safe dish and let set for at least 1-2 hours until firm.
3. Remove and scoop one tsp-size amount at a time.
4. Shape into a ball and roll in more cacao powder.
5. Top with rose petals—because we eat with our eyes first!
Truffles will keep for up to four weeks in the freezer: if they last that long!
I hope you all have a beautiful holiday season! Enjoy!